Do you enjoy meaningful work with animals? Are you a pet health advocate who wants to be involved in ensuring their wellness, healing their wounds, and saving their lives? South Park Animal Hospital is seeking a veterinary technician to join our growing team. At least one year of experience as a veterinary technician preferred.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to [email protected].
To learn more about working for our hospital, visit our careers page on our website at www.southparkaustin.com
South Park Animal Hospital can help motivated, team-players who are passionate about this work achieve these goals in a fun and friendly environment.
We prefer at least one year of experience as a technician or assistant.
Our facility does not do boarding, grooming, or ask our team to sell over-the-counter pet products. We focus strictly on high-quality veterinary medicine, client education, and excellent client service.
South Park Animal Hospital strives for low stress vet visits and incorporates low stress handling, species separation, treats, pheromones, and other techniques to provide a compassionate experience for our patients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
If you are dependable, love to delight clients, and work well in a fast-paced, fun, team environment, this job may be for you! This position requires a positive and friendly attitude, great client service skills, and a desire to compassionately care for animals.
Candidate must learn to safely restrain patients using low-stress measures, perform x-rays, prep for and assist with surgeries, perform venipuncture, place IV catheters, maintain accurate electronic records, obtain patient history, and educate clients about common pet health concerns.
Position also requires cleaning enclosures, feeding, bathing, and walking pets. Experience with Idexx/Cornerstone is a plus.
We have a team-oriented and client service focused hospital in which all team members back up phones and team members must work together to perform all hospital duties including daily cleaning and kennel duties.
Must be available to work full-time; weekdays until 6:30 pm and Saturdays (1/2 day).
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Some experience working with animals
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Client service skills
- Positive and friendly attitude with clients and teammates
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be willing to operate all necessary equipment including x-ray and laboratory equipment
- Must be willing to cross-train and perform reception duties when needed
- General animal husbandry or specific veterinary experience is preferred.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 pounds, walk dogs of up to 130 pounds, and work on feet all day.
- Must be willing and able to physically hold and restrain pets
- Must be able to squat, kneel, and bend to clean cages and other areas of the hospital facility
- Exposure to anesthetic vapors, radiation, controlled drugs, zoonotic diseases, harmful chemicals, and bodily fluids of patients.
- Potential exists for bite wounds, scratches, and other injuries that could be obtained by patient handling.
- Frequent exposure to unpleasant odors and noises.
- May be involved in emotionally challenging situations.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package offered (after 90 days) including; health insurance, generous pet benefits, 401K (after 1 year), paid time off, bereavement pay, pay for volunteering, Employee Assistance Program, $1,000 CE allowance, and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer